I don't know about you, but I can get in a rut with my morning smoothies. I end up using the same ingredients day in and day out and it gets, well, uber boring. So I decided to shake things up and just in time for National Chocolate Milk Shake Day.
- 1 frozen ripe bananas, chopped prior to freezing
- 1 heaping scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp salted almond butter
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1.5-2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (sub soy or coconut)
- A dash of cinnnamon
- 1/3 cup ice
- 1/4 tsp of maca
- big handful of spinach (optional)
- A cold shot of espresso (optional—for my coffee drinkers out there)
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until all ingredients are liquified. Serve right away.