It's officially fall outside!
The weather is changing and that means our skin is changing with it. And with Q4 looming and the stress of our fast paced lives, our skin is probably showing some signs of wear and tear. Well, fear not! It's the perfect time for an at-home face mask—especially if you have no time to hit up the spa. I've sung the skin-saving praises of pumpkin before, but it's for good reason. These orange balls of goodness are loaded with zinc, antioxidants, and vitamins that protect your skin from wrinkles and age spots as well as gently exfoliating for a more glowing version of you. Not headed to the patch to pick your pumpkins any time soon? No worries, this fab fruit (yeah, it's a fruit!) comes in a can at your local supermarket (BPA-free please!) Here's the recipe:
- Mix together 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree with an egg. No, we're not baking, but the old adds much needed nutrients while the white will help temporarily tighten skin.
- Add a teaspoon of Manuka honey which does wonders for your complexion. My friends over at CAP beauty use Manuka in their facials all the time as it's a potent anti-bacterial and also has a calming / healing effect. They tell me it's awesome for acne-prone skin.
- If your skin is a smidge oily, add in a splash of apple cider vinegar. It has a mild toning effect, helps balance the PH of your skin and is also anti-bacterial.
- Now that your mask is ready, smooth it evenly all over your face and unwind for 15-20 minutes. You might experience a mild tingly feeling which is totally normal. If it starts to burn, wash off immediately.
- Rinse off and enjoy your new found glow!